7 Tips to Get the Lowest UK Translation Rates
25 Jun 7 Tips to Get the Lowest UK Translation Rates
UK translation rates are a great concern for a lot of companies and individuals. This is understandable considering the economic crisis and each company or individual expects the most out of a limited budget.
The great news is that you are able to cut down translation costs without making compromises on quality. Here are 7 ways of saving money the next time you think the quote is too expensive.
Tips to get the lowest UK translation rates
1. Plan ahead with translation in mind. It is known that good planning can save a lot of money. If you’re starting a project that will need translation, there are some ways you could cut down word count:
– review your documentation and remove any unnecessary parts, just use plain English without going into too much detail;
– review the layout of your documents and remove images that contain text. If you have any, they will have to be translated but they will be more expensive as the images need to be recreated with translated text;
2. Avoid extra work. Make sure your project is final before sending it to translation. You can get lower UK translation rates if your document was already translated when you’ve sent corrections, you will pay for both versions. It can also be confusing if you’re keep making changes during translation.
3. Involve with the translation company early. If you get in touch with the translation team early, they might be able to modify their schedule to fit your project in and can give you advices on any linguistic issues you may have. You can also cut down translation costs by setting a longer deadline for your project thus avoiding rush fees some companies charge on urgent translations.
4. Make use of CAT tools. Computer Assisted Translation Tools help translators by memorizing translations in order to be used at a later time. This will lower the UK translation rates if you have repetitive content in your project, but will also help on your future projects.
5. Always use the same translation company. Once you received great quality work from a company, stick with them. They might be able to give you discounts if you are a repeated customer but more important, if you want them to use CAT Tools, any future project will cost you less due to repetitive content. In the long run, this might cut down translation costs tremendously.
6. Don’t fall for the lowest price. Some will change you low prices but you will not get the same quality, keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Avoid loosing time and paying twice for the same project by working with a known translation agency.
7. Use editable formats. Provide materials to be translated in an easy to edit format. Refrain from using images that contain text as you will pay extra to have it translated. Use formats such as txt, doc or editable pdf files that are easy to edit, otherwise you will be charged for the time it takes to convert the file into an editable one.
Save yourself time and cut down UK translation rates by reducing what your translator has to do. Using the 7 tips above, you will be able to cut your translation budget even more without compromising on quality.
If you’d like to get some more tips or advice about translation and localization, feel free to contact us via online form or use live chat. We’ll be happy to help you out!