09 Oct Checklist When Requesting English To Dutch Translation Audio
The Dutch Language:
Dutch is the official language of the Netherlands. It is also one of the three official languages of Belgium. It belongs to the West Germanic group and is a close relative of English and German. It has more Romance loan words than the German language. The Dutch language shares plenty of features with both German and English. Afrikaans is the daughter language of Dutch and is spoken primarily in South Africa. The two vernaculars are mutually intelligible. Dutch has 29 million speakers in total, which is why it cannot be ignored by businesses that wish to communicate with a global audience. Due to this reason, translation services are needed.
English to Dutch Translations:
English is the lingua franca of our world and has nearly two billion speakers. The number of its speakers keep increasing. But there are still billions of people in the world who cannot speak or understand the English language. A business that wishes to connect with the whole world cannot rely on the English language alone. They will have to get a language translation to communicate with their foreign audiences. They will also need translations to share necessary information with their foreign employees and business partners.
Sometimes, the translated text is not enough, and an audio description is needed. Instead of creating new content for audio description in a foreign language, the existing audio can be translated by professionals. This way, the source, and the audio will be closer and nothing will get lost in translation. But how can one get the best translation audio? If someone needs audio translations for the first time, they wouldn’t know who to turn to. They might not even know a good service provider. They will need help in selecting the right professional. But online research and the comparing of ratings can be helpful in such a scenario.
Checklist When Requesting English to Dutch Translation Audio:
If you are planning to get English to Dutch translations so you can start your business in the Netherlands, you might have to prepare audio descriptions too. Here’s a checklist to help you when you are requesting English to Dutch Translation Audio:
- Hire the best professionals to handle your translation project. Decide which services you want first so you can choose the right service provider. It is better to understand that audio translation and transcription are different things. Make sure that the service provider you are hiring will be able to deliver the results that you need.
- If you want English to Dutch translation audio, don’t hire Spanish translators for it. Only someone who speaks Dutch as their native language can provide you with accurate results. They will be familiar with slang and cultural references and deliver the best quality solutions.
- Audio and video files affect people more than written ads, which is YouTube has become so popular. YouTube videos have ads that introduce new products to the public. By getting the best translated voice on your videos, you can connect with your audience easily.
- Hire an agency that can avoid common failures and deliver work within the time limit so you don’t have to miss any deadlines.
- Telling the name of the target language isn’t enough. Provide sufficient information to the translation services provider if you don’t want them to deliver poor quality work to you. Share all the supporting documents with them so they can access all the relevant data.
- Whether you want to get certified copies of your documents or get an audio translation for your YouTube videos, don’t turn to Google Translate if you want accurate results.
- Make sure you are familiar with the current best practice in the translation community. It is the only way you can choose the right service provider for the translation of your web pages and audio files.
- Hire a service provider that offers support in multiple languages like Chinese, Danish, Russian, Italian, Arabic, Swedish, and French, so you can turn to them with all kinds of source text and get the audio description that you need.
- Check the translation services before you decide to pay for them. You can always listen to the audio description yourself and check the sentence structure to make sure you are satisfied with the results.
How to translate your transcript?
YouTube videos don’t always come with subtitles. But their lack can be annoying for many people. Once a clear subtitle file is created, it can be translated by experts. But it is important to understand that people cannot translate audio transcript themselves. They can, however, prepare text along with their audio and video files to make the job of the linguistic expert easier.
Even if your video is in Dutch English, you will need the help of a native expert to get accurate translations. Putting your transcripts on Google Translate will not be a good idea. The more uncommon a source language is, the lower the accuracy level of Google Translate will become.
When is an Audio Translation needed?
There are many instances when you could need the audio translation of source text. Sometimes, web content has to be accompanied by audio files if the audience prefers visual cues over written files. The spoken translation of an English article can inform the Dutch audience about the news. In learning areas, audio translation can help students access content written in a foreign language.
What kind of content an agency can handle?
If you run a business in a foreign company, you might need a translation of different types of content. Everything from web content to excel sheets, the label on a cosmetic item and media content for advertisement has to be translated from time to time if a company wishes to survive in a foreign country. A good and reliable agency that has native experts on its team and delivers translation services all over the world will be able to handle all types of texts. You can share your source text with them and choose any language from Danish to Arabic and Finnish to Chinese and you will receive quality translation on time.